A victory for the galaxy’s greatest bounty hunter! #Metroid: Samus Returns is #TheGameAwards Best Handheld Game! | Amazing Articles

- a victory for the galaxys greatest bounty hunter metroid samus returns is thegameawards best handheld game 960x600 - A victory for the galaxy’s greatest bounty hunter! #Metroid: Samus Returns is #TheGameAwards Best Handheld Game!

1. maru110

December 8, 2017 at 7:13 pm

Though I’m glad that Metroid has recieved a warm welcome back, I’m crushed that it didn’t go to Fire Emblem Echoes.

2. Wickk

December 8, 2017 at 7:13 pm

Well deserved imo! I played a lot of absolutely fantastic 3DS games this year, but mostly with caveats that always have me explaining away flaws. Loved every second of this game

3. Zeebor

December 8, 2017 at 7:13 pm

Not exactly a hotly contested category. It was all Nintendo with one Capcom game in there. I’m just glad Ever Oasis was brought up at all.

4. billythewarrior

December 8, 2017 at 7:13 pm

I suppose Switch games don’t qualify for the handheld category then?

5. Codieb1

December 8, 2017 at 7:13 pm

Kinda disappointed in this. I mean, I absolutely loved this game, but man did it have many flaws. Still a solid 2D title though. Personally I would’ve given it to Monster Hunter Stories

6. Cow_In_Space

December 8, 2017 at 7:13 pm

I mean, it’s good but I’d rather have seen Ever Oasis or Monster Hunter Stories take it rather than a remake or port.

7. RangoTheMerc

December 8, 2017 at 7:13 pm

Absolutely, 100% deserved. Metroid made a difference in the year of quality releases on the system.

Welcome home.

8. MadBroChill

December 8, 2017 at 7:13 pm

>”Galaxy’s greatest bounty hunter”

>Somehow doesn’t mention IG-88

9. Pomguo

December 8, 2017 at 7:13 pm

Etrian Odyssey 5, Monster Hunter Stories, Ever Oasis, Fire Emblem Echoes, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions, DQ8, Culdcept Revolt, and Metroid Samus Returns. Was a good year for portables!

Still got the remakes of SMT Strange Journey and Radiant Historia due next year too, but then I guess the 3DS is retired.

Then maybe they’ll have to relax their policy on Switch games not being counted as portable games!

10. Tertlepower14

Alright!! Awesome news!

11. brunocar

December 8, 2017 at 7:13 pm

I saw that coming from a mile away, there was no way a different game won

12. bli123z

December 8, 2017 at 7:13 pm

While I was so excited for this game, I just wish it could of been cartoonish than 3D like the rest of the Metroid side scrollers. Anyone else ?

13. SharpEdgeSoda

December 8, 2017 at 7:13 pm

…this just made me realize…

How do you fit the Switch into something that has a “Best Handheld” category?

14. masterflapdrol

Uhh… what?
    This game wasn’t that amazing
    It was really repetitive for a metroid game.

15. Dagusiu

December 8, 2017 at 7:13 pm

Metroid was a really good game, but no way it’s better than BotW or SMO. They’re, by any reasonable definition, handheld games. If they don’t count as handheld because you can play them on a TV, then Vita and Gameboy games aren’t handheld either.