Black Friday summarized in one low budget meme. | Amazing Articles

Black Friday summarized in one low budget meme.

- black friday summarized in one low budget meme - Black Friday summarized in one low budget meme.

Black Friday summarized in one low budget meme.

1. limabear1235

November 25, 2017 at 4:46 am

Doing that kind of scam is illegal in Europe.

2. the-cyber-escape

November 25, 2017 at 4:46 am

Like a lot of Amazon prices

3. PM_ME_GLUTE_SPREAD

November 25, 2017 at 4:46 am

Something a lot of people don’t realize is that stores like Walmart don’t just slap a new sticker over their current stock on tvs for example. They get a whole new shipment of tvs for Black Friday. Tvs that aren’t sold at a loss. So while a 65 inch usually costs 700 bucks, the one you bought for 300 on Black Friday isn’t being sold for 400 less. They are selling you a 300 dollar tv that is very different from the 700 they usually carry, just not in name or looks.

Walmart would never just eat that kind of a loss on anything.

4. Giantbutt45

November 25, 2017 at 4:46 am

My uncle owns a NoFrills (grocery store) and they have an annual $1 sale that people look forward to. He says he’ll put an item to $1 that is normally 99 cents and it will fly off the shelf during that week lol. People just love colourful sale signs I guess. !! SALE !! SALE !! SALE !!

5. PM__YOUR__GOOD_NEWS

November 25, 2017 at 4:46 am

I’ve tried telling my family not to describe purchases in terms of savings.

You didn’t get a $1000 TV half off, you *spent* $500 on a TV.

You saved nothing because TVs are not appreciable assets.

The question is if you didn’t know the price would it be worth $500?

6. seamew

November 25, 2017 at 4:46 am

Looks more like the Amazon Prime Day meme.

7. Kiss-CSGO

IVE BEEN TRYING TO TELL PEOPLE THIS

8. Austinchao98

November 25, 2017 at 4:46 am

What a deal on this meme! Only a dolt wouldn’t invest

9. slickricflair

November 25, 2017 at 4:46 am

Pretty much everyday at Macy’s.

10. [deleted]

[deleted]

11. Hemmer83

November 25, 2017 at 4:46 am

Except videogames, external hard drives, SSDs, videogame consoles and various other things do observably cost less than they do the rest of the year. Sure tvs and some other electronics have lower quality panels and various other tricks but several things just clearly cost less and can’t be sold as cut down versions. They either work or don’t.

12. snowiehair

November 25, 2017 at 4:46 am

I worked retail for several years. Prices were always raised during September and October and then slapped with discount stickers and coupons for November traffic. Then a really cheaply made product was released as our **Black Friday Special**. I can’t believe how many people fall for it every year

13. murtadi007

November 25, 2017 at 4:46 am

My mom wanted me to find a decent tv for her (replacing a 10+ year old tube tv) and I saw one a decent one at Best Buy/Walmart for $400 (save $100) as a pre-black friday promo.

Didn’t want to buy it just yet in case something better comes out for actual Black Friday. I see the same tv for $500 with no discount in the flyers..like what? Bought it yesterday with the discount.

14. RupanIII

November 25, 2017 at 4:46 am

Kohl’s all the time. I remember a few years ago their flyer saying that some video games were originally $100 but now 40% off so they we’re on sale for $60. They exact same price as everywhere else.

15. TheWhyteMaN

November 25, 2017 at 4:46 am

So this is pretty true per my expierience.

Before the recession I owned a retail brick and morter store.

One of the first few months open I decided to take away all of the “on sale” signs down and just mark everything at a 40% profit margin. It really was a solid deal for customers.

Well people would walk around and say things like “Why is everything so expensive?” “Will there be a sale soon?”

I was baffled. This shit is at a pretty damn low profit, after shipping I am not profiting that much. But sales plummeted quickly.

So I accepted that the “On Sale” signs had to go back up. So I marked everything at a 50% profit margin and set the price to where I could advertise a 15% off sale.

Sales spiked right back up even though the prices were higher than they were weeks before.

So then I started with the whole balloons and “Cheese,” as I called it, and customers ate it up.

People are weird, man.

16. ft5jehe

November 25, 2017 at 4:46 am

I told this story on Reddit before….. When I was in college, I worked part time on a grocery market. We offered small jars of jams/jelly for 25 cents a piece. When marked regular price, they never moved. A couple times a year, we would run an advertisement for these same jars to be 4 for a $1.00. During the “special” we couldn’t keep them on the shelf! I even had some customers ask if they could get the “special” price when the sale ended.

17. ekinnee

November 25, 2017 at 4:46 am

I’ve seen several of these this time around.

My favorite is the 3x$120 of a certain guitar effect pedal. That’s $40 each, I see them regularly for $34.99…

18. ashzel

November 25, 2017 at 4:46 am

That’s a thing of the past. Mostly. These days corporations have special products for sales like these. They are made very cheaply and poorly. They are still being sold at huge profits.

19. OnePieceTwoPiece

That’s amazon everyday

20. Very_Literal_Answer

November 25, 2017 at 4:46 am

I feel like this is what Khols does

21. AlvinGT3RS

November 25, 2017 at 4:46 am

Fucking pissed PlayStation plus used to be so cheap, dam basterds

22. matthewwoodley

November 25, 2017 at 4:46 am

I remember when amazon did this on prime day 😂

23. Jacked1218

Shut the fuck up OP!

-Kohls

24. MikeOfAllPeople

November 25, 2017 at 4:46 am

I’m sure on some products this is the case, but tracking prices online is pretty easy now. The products I was looking at, this was not the case.

25. Liamcitoo