Dogs found abandoned and tied up during Hurricane Harvey in Texas | Amazing Articles

Dogs found abandoned and tied up during Hurricane Harvey in Texas

- dogs found abandoned and tied up during hurricane harvey in texas 1000x600 - Dogs found abandoned and tied up during Hurricane Harvey in Texas

Dogs found abandoned and tied up during Hurricane Harvey in Texas

1. rabid_god

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Not much outrages me, but cruelty to those (whether person or animal) who have no power or control makes my blood boil. That first pic of the dog with his head down seems to me like it has resolved itself to accepting a horrible fate to come. Fucking sad.

2. yadllallort

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Makes me hate people (except for the awesome photographer who saved them)

Rising flood waters for that dog on the right . He looks terrified

3. bajajfun

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Wouldn’t it be slightly better to just let them free? They could have drowned if the flooding was worse. I don’t understand why you don’t take your dog with you and I also dont understand why youd tie it to a short rope and abandon it. People are dumb and cruel sometimes!

4. lilyrose88

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Dogs are members of the family. This is sickening.

5. stodolak

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

**If you’re reading this and you own a dog** and it’s **outside, tied to a tree**, *even if there’s no hurricane in your area*, even if it’s not windy, rainy, or whatever, **please take care of your pet**. Show them some love. Take it for a walk. Pet it. Love it. For the love of god – Don’t treat it like a fucking prisoner or a slave and stop being a cruel shit of a person.

6. zvoidx

7. SilverSilurus

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

When the fuck are we going to have pet licensing laws? MOST people are vastly underqualified to keep animals.

8. mrkl3en

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

just did a 4000 mile trip around rural western USA.
    i try and be open minded about things and i understand that rural folks have a different relationship with domesticated animals but i cannot tell you how many times I’ve seen dogs left in heat in the back of a pickup truck and I’ve lost count how many dead dogs I’ve ridden past on highway.

part of me hopes that the owner of this dog lost everything in the storm. i have zero sympathy for someone who is so morally deprived and capable of this type of cruelty.

9. kittenpantzen

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Rage, indeed. Sometimes, I’d really like purview to whack certain people with a bat.

10. MightHaveSharted

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

These people will try to get their dogs back after the storm was downgraded. Hopefully they can’t.

11. Outsourcedtouranus

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

But they’re ok now right? Right??

12. ks93kc12

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Who could do that to their dog? Are they missing that thing in their brain that makes them want to protect the emotional creature that’s dependent on them? Who could do that? Are they just too stupid to realize what they’re doing to their dog?

13. Gudtymez

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Brb, going to go wake my dog up to give him a hug.

14. [deleted]

[removed]

15. a-money85

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

This makes my blood boil!!! After Katrina there’s been a bill passed (PETS act) That law, which impels rescue agencies to save pets as well as people during natural disasters. So there is no excuse to leave your pet tied up in the elements like that. I hope their owners are found and prosecuted.

16. zookskun

IT WAS NATIONAL DOG DAY YOU FUCKING FUCKERS

17. jackaldude2

This is fucked yo.
    I’m a pretty hard person, but this shit is just so.
    Wrong.
    Who the fuck does this?
    Man, that ain’t right.
    Get that photographer a beer.

18. a_man_says_this

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

As a landlord, I see this kind of stuff all the time, mostly from low income people, and especially people who collect welfare and SSI. They do the bare minimum to take care of their property, pets, and even their children. It’s heartbreaking. Often times they leave their dogs outside, tied to a tree, or worse, let them roam around in the streets unsupervised. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve almost run over a dog in a neighborhood I own a house in. They let their dogs bark until the police are called, leave food and water bowls empty when they go on long trips, etc.

One occasion that breaks my heart to this day is when one of my former tenants went on a 2 week trip. I hadn’t heard anything from the tenant, even after multiple failed phone calls, so I went over to see if I could talk to her in person. Screeching barks turned to whines erupted from the house, and I heard a dog clawing frantically at the door. I spoke with the neighbors and they told me that she had gone on a trip a week ago. After hearing that, I used my key and went into the house to investigate. I discovered that the dog’s water and food bowls were empty, and feces and urine were everywhere. The little dog was clamoring for my attention, tail wagging. It was fucked up, tbh. Very sad experience.

So I called animal control to take the dog in. They told me that it was lucky I got there when I did, because it wouldn’t have survived another couple of days. The shitty tenant wasn’t even due back for another week. I later learned that the tenant had left the dog with a full bowl of food and water before leaving, which clearly wasn’t enough, let alone the fact that she left a fucking small dog alone in a house for that long!

I hate being a landlord.

19. Nosleepaddict2016

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Jeez this gets me angry!
    Hubby and i have discussed in detail how we would evac if ever needed. Animals where just as planned for as our kids.

20. HTX19D

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

I’m a member of the Texas National Guard and part of the Search and Rescue effort underway. Rest assured, we are saving anything breathing if we have the chance.

21. luckynedpeppergang

I fucking hate people.

22. Were_Doomed_arent_we

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Some people treat dogs like garbage in the south.

Its not nearly as common as I thought it was before I moved here but there is a definite population of dog owners that see their dogs as property not companions.

There were A LOT of dogs left outside in my town during the hurricane last year. I simply cant understand that line of thinking, my dogs are my best friends and I could never imagine ever intentionally hurting them.

23. DrJackBlack

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Break every window in their lot and save the puppers.

24. probablyworkingatm

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

A pet is a member of your family…if you can’t treat it as such, don’t get one you shits

25. DonGeronimo

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

That’s some bullshit right there. Dogs and cats are just as worthy of rescue just like people. Sometimes even more so.

26. owzleee

Finally the Daily Mail does something positive

27. magicmeese

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

These puppers deserve to live in the lap of luxury in the largest house with the largest yards.

These owners deserve to live in an 8×8 with no toilet

28. Thunderpizza22

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

I’d like to contact the photographer to see where they’re being held. Although, I’m looking everywhere for his info and I can’t find anything. (I know people around there, so I’d like to be a good Samaritan)

29. ThyFetus

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Why the fuck would anyone get a dog (or any pet really) and just disregard it like trash. Thats what pisses me off so much. There is absolutely no reasoning to why you should just leave a dog, a mans best friend, out in a storm and not any storm but the worst storm in ten years.
    I honestly hope there is a special place in hell for those people. Like, I use that as a joke for the majority of the time but I seriously hope to God that those people just get the absolute worst of it

30. mellofello808

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

There is seriously no scenario where I would do this to.my dog. If I don’t have a ride for him then we are weathering this storm together.

31. YoungKeys

Good Guy Dailly Mail Photographer

32. pieandlatteslover

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

I cannot fathom how anyone has the capacity to do this. When you get a pet, they are with you forever. You do NOT abandon it, you do NOT let them suffer, you especially do NOT leave them in a fucking storm tied to a damned tree so that they can’t escape and that they could drown. Have some decency. Have some humanity. This is so disgusting.

Pets are family. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.

33. kaptenhefty

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Someone should find the owners and tie them to a pole in a hurricane

34. d4hm3r

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

This is so fucked up. If there’s even a thunderstorm outside our dog Zoe is cuddled up right at my feet. I’ve always treated dogs like my own children, you can bet I would untie both of them and take them home then spoil them rotten.

35. PoliticalShrapnel

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

It is impossible to adequately imagine what it must have felt like for them as they lived through a live hurricane. It seems unfathomable to me that they wouldn’t have suffered physical injury and mental trauma from the ordeal. Those poor animals.

I have no words to sufficiently convey the wickedness of their owners or those responsible for their suffering but it seems the vast majority here share my sentiment which is a comfort.

36. DecentUserName0000

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

WHY DID YOU SHOW ME THIS? NOW I GOTTA DRIVE ALL THE WAY DOWN THEIR AND GET THEM ALL!

37. user1688

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Fucking scum, I can’t believe people can just abandon them like that.

I can’t even drive by a lost dog on the road without stopping, and mentally it would bother me all night if I didn’t stop and pick up the dog. Idk how someone who does something like this can live with themselves.

38. rprpr

Fuck these people.

I would die for my dog. And I know she would for me.

Fuck fuck fuck.

39. GibsonLP86

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Fuck those people. They shouldn’t get a fucking dollar of tax money to rebuild their damned trailer parks.

40. Karazhan

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

So what I’m reading here is that we should be tying the owners to a tree during a hurricane and leaving them there.

41. the__badness

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

it completely fucking boggles my mind. If people don’t want to take care of a pet, why in the fucking hell have them?

42. SonOfZaknafein

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

If I had the chance, I would beat these dog owners to a bloody pulp. I would go to jail smiling.

43. HermanManly

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Good on you, Ruaridh Connellan, for saving them!

44. phuleboy

Not a good look, Texas

45. libcrybaby78

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Mans stupidity is only exceeded by his cruelty.

46. 8-tentacles

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Those poor dogs had no understanding of why this was happening to them. To their understanding, the only person they loved, who was their entire life, just abandoned them.

47. phoenixgsu

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Hope they were microchipped so the shit bags can be arrested for animal cruelty.

48. tammyrich

August 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Fuck those owners. They should be charged with cruelty & never allowed to own any type of animal again.