Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald | Title Reveal | Amazing Articles

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald | Title Reveal

The next movie is titled: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald!

“In one year, return to the Wizarding World with Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. #MagicInProgress #FantasticBeasts”

Also we got the first look of the characters.
From left to right:

Jude Law as **Albus Dumbledore**
Ezra Miller as **Credence**
Claudia Kim as **Maledictus**
Zoe Kravitz as **Leta Lestrange**
Callum Turner as **Theseus Scamander**
Katherine Waterston as **Tina Goldstein**
Eddie Redmayne as **Newt Scamander**
Dan Fogler as **Jacob Kowalski**
Alison Sudol as **Queenie Goldstein**
Johnny Depp as **Gellert Grindelwald**

1. davemello84

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

One quick clip is all I needed to go all in on Jude Law as Dumbledore.

2. randyb1724

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Not gonna lie, happy to see Jacob and Queenie leaning on each other.

3. MagicTrickster

Also the pottermore article:

What I find interesting is this: “Theseus Scamander (Callum Turner), and his fiancée, Leta Lestrange (Zoë Kravitz), who was seen in a photo in the first film.”

4. magikarpcatcher

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Oh, so Leta got with Newt’s brother? That has to be an awkward Christmas Dinner.

No wonder Newt and his brother are (L)estranged.

5. GoblinGrills

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Holy shit do I miss Colin Farrell.

6. LiamBoltonBooks

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Not a fan of the title, but the ensemble looks sweet

7. cacographical

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

> Credence, played by Ezra Miller, is also confirmed to return, and features in the ensemble photo next to a mysterious character played by Claudia Kim. The character is known as a ‘**Maledictus**’: someone who suffers from a *‘blood curse’* that **turns them into a beast**.

I smell [plot](https://www.pottermore.com/news/fantastic-beasts-film-title-revealed-the-crimes-of-grindelwald).

8. PerfectHair

Jacob’s back! o/

9. adreamersmusing

More info:

**There’s a character called Maledictus played by Claudia Kim, who carries a blood curse that apparently causes her to turn into a beast.**

**Leta Lestrange is engaged to Newt’s brother, Theseus Scamander.**

Also, not going to lie. I was hoping Dumbledore would be a redhead.

10. 1stWorldAnarchy

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Disappointed they aren’t bringing Colin Farrell back. He was pretty good.

11. rimasshai

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

The title is not that bad; it has a slightly haunting sound to it.

I love how Dumbledore and Grindelwald are as far away as possible. Also, can’t wait to find out more about Leta Lestrange and her engagement to Theseus

12. Larkoz

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Jude Law looks great, but where’s the auburn hair?

13. HouseOfHelga

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

I’m also a little confused on Credence still being there. I love Ezra Miller but with what we know about obscurial, it definitely should have killed him. Not only is he still alive but he seems like a totally different character now

14. Blacknarcissa

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

I’m so happy Ezra Miller is back in this film. I find him super watchable and his interviews for Fantastic Beastsy were adorable because he’s clearly a big fan of HP.

I’m excited for Jude as Dumbledore. I just wish Grindelwald was someone else… 😒

15. hausofmiklaus

Badass cast ensemble posing! YAASSSSSSSS

16. Argovia

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

The way Dumbledore is looking at Grinderwald is so “I’m fucking in love with you man”, yet, they are as far away as possible, and thats so heartbreaking.

This movie is gonna make me cry, I have one year to prepare for that 😐

17. shaun056

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Theseus has a bit of a Matt Smith vibe going on…

18. stopXstoreytime

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

I already hate Johnny Depp as Grindelwald but I swear to God if he phones it in like he’s been doing in every movie he’s been in since *Pirates of the Caribbean*, I’m done. Grindelwald is too important to HP canon.

I personally would have loved if they had kept Colin Farrell, but even Jamie Campbell Bower reprising his role with a little age makeup would have been at least canon to the HP movies.

I know a lot of people love Johnny Depp, but I haven’t liked or enjoyed a single performance of his since the *Pirate* movies. I’m not hopeful about this. Everyone else is great, though.

19. iiw

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Really curious on how Jacob will return. Did he recover his memory back? Are Non-Maj and Wizards finally allowed to marry each other?

Can’t wait for it.

20. Efp722

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

I’m confused, is Grindelwald a Fantastic Beast?

That’s what happens when you come up with a silly title and stick with it.

21. magikarpcatcher

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Just noticed the Hallows’ symbols in the titles. THE CR**I**MES **O**F GRINDLEW**A**LD

22. Arcanist365

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

I gotta say I really like the background color choice/scheme of this cast photo. And honestly I really like Grindelwald’s costume, all the costumes are on point. Colleen Atwood does it again.

23. Kholdie

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

And the winner of the most generic title iiiiiiis

24. ThePitifulScion

Obligitary Squeeee.

Grown man, btw.

25. EQWIPHUBS

Seeing Depp as Grindel the first time was….unexpected

26. Ragadash7

I’m thinking there’s gonna be a lot Hitler Imagery

27. PM_ME_UR_SEX_VIDEOS

>Claudia Kim as Maledictus

Interesting. “Maledictus” literally means “cursed” – and she’s hanging out with Credence in this snippet

28. BadLuckMichael

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

I feel like Ezra Miller is just wearing his normal clothes in this

29. Tbhjr

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Ol’ Grindey and that Elder Wand!

30. LesApfels

>Johnny Depp as Gellert Grindelwald

WHYYYYYYY

31. DeltaStrike7

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Pretty cool how the Deathly Hallows symbol flashes in the clouds just before the title appears.

32. wpsince2009

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Grindewald looks handsome af, -not even Dumbledore could resist the temptation 😏

33. rocker2014

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Interesting title. I like the format and I think the title itself will grow on me. But DAMN am I excited after seeing Jude Law as Dumbledore.

Also, confirmed Grindelwald has the Elder wand. Look closely at the cast photo

34. Caimthehero

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Super excited to see Theseus Scamander and it looks like he’s going to have a major role in the film. I’m hoping that Theseus develops more insecurity in Newt. Newt is mostly quiet and passionate about a few things. This is a chance to see him jealous and envious. It is my hope that despite the fact Newt and Theseus won’t be on good terms, Theseus is still a good guy. There’s far too many stories of this guy’s with my love interest, he’s evil. I just want Theseus to be introduced, go up and hug his brother. Say that he missed him and start asking him questions like “Have you been eating alright?” or “You’re not spending whole weeks in that suitcase again are you?” It would be lovely to have the rivalry and anger one sided on Newt’s part.

35. mylittlerose

JACOOOB MY BOY

36. LibraryDrone

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Is it too late to replace Johnny Depp with Christopher Plummer?

37. MagicTrickster

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

I love the title as it confirms that the movie is going to be all about Grindelwald. (My favorite character)

38. TRB1783

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

I love every single new casting announced. Zoe Kravitz as a Lestrange? Jessica Williams?! Yes fucking please.

39. ronin005

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

I like how [the picture of the cast](http://imgur.com/fUBIAu2) is made to look like a large painting. (must be due to the background, the effect and their posing)

40. cberry328

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Like what’s so weird is I understand from marketing prospective why they have Fantastic Beast in the title but also I also think they could have called the Wizarding World and the Crimes of Grindlewald

41. sapphimia

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Not the biggest fan of the title, but I love pretty much everything else, up to and including the new additions to the cast. And, most of all, I love that Newt will continue to have a key role in it (or at least, so it seems)!

42. jimbobhas

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

I thought it was Matt Smith in the middle at first glance

43. Schoolipadthrowaway

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

I decided to make this edit really quick just because it seemed so obvious and nobody had done it. I’m not using the best software, but I think it looks alright:

Plus this one, just for fun. (I considered covering up Grindelwald’s face.)

44. saberkite

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

I can’t sort my thoughts at this moment. I’m just excited. 😀

Though I’m bummed that there’s no hint of Colin Farrell here. I wonder if we’ll ever learn about his real character. I felt disappointed seeing Johnny Depp there, so while I’m excited for the movie as a whole, I’m not expecting much from him.

Will Newt have a costume change, though? I mean, in this photo, it doesn’t seem like it, but hey.

45. Marc_UK_PC

> Claudia Kim as Maledictus

Get ready for Monty Python’s Bigtus Maledictus jokes. 😀

46. Lustrus

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Such a short clip, yet their looks tell us so much:

[- Theseus is looking at Leta](/spoiler)

[- Tina is looking at Newt](/spoiler)

[- Newt is doubtingly looking at both Leta and Tina](/spoiler)

[- Dumbledore is looking at Grindelwald, first it looks pretty serious like ‘I’ m watching you, what are you up to.’ But then, he makes this sighing motion, raising his shoulder… A simple motion which does seem to show his true love/desire for Grindelwald.](/spoiler)

[- WTF Why is Queeny looking at Grindelwald, girl don’t you dare!](/spoiler)

And then of course the clouds seem to form the deathly hallows with lightning being the wand…

Also: we get to see Dumbledore’s old wand.

47. queeniekowalski

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

I guess this is an unpopular opinion, but I think Depp looks great as Grindelwald. It’s hard to see him as anything but Captain Jack Sparrow nowadays, but he definitely has the talent to portray Grindelwald. I’m surprised people considered him a bad actor.

48. Jedi4Hire

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Dumbledore should be dressed more eccentrically.

49. GnomishViking

November 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Am I the only one that thought the first one kinda sucked?