[GIF] On this day, a bloody Juan Manuel Marquez delivers one of the most stunning KOs in boxing history over Manny Pacquiao | Amazing Articles

- gif on this day a bloody juan manuel marquez delivers one of the most stunning kos in boxing history over manny pacquiao - [GIF] On this day, a bloody Juan Manuel Marquez delivers one of the most stunning KOs in boxing history over Manny Pacquiao

1. StackingWater

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Really thought he was dead after this. Pac has never been the same since

2. dw-san

Can’t believe it’s been 5 years already

3. 2112xanadu

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Goddamn did that connect.

4. MartinArturoMuniz

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

He’s not getting up, Jim!

5. LBCStyles

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

It’s amazing how a six round fight could win fight of the year but I don’t think anyone could dispute it … One knockdown apiece and then WHAM! A KO for the ages … Manny vs Marquez made for some great fights …

6. verbsnounsandshit

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Whenever people talk about the biggest shocks in boxing, they tend to (understandably) focus on low-ranked fighters beating guys in the top 2 or 3. But if by ‘shock’, you mean the most shocked you’ve ever felt after watching a fight, this is easily my number one. I don’t think I was capable of saying any other word than ‘wow’ for about an hour afterwards.

7. J_Dilla_

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Maybe it’s because I used to box and you still can still almost feel punches that land on you when you think back on them, certainly you hear the noise that occured and the micro shakes of your jaw and facial bones but I remember feeling this punch when seeing the replays and almost feeling like I was going to puke. That punch aged Manny about a decade and took a chunk of his soul.

8. Chiphazzard

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

This along with Canelo Khan are the only times I’ve watched a fight live and thought a fighter may well not get up.

9. AdmiralTofu

I’ve always loved Jim Lampley’s reaction to this:

10. barefootBam

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

this was the most brutal but amazing boxing match i’ve ever watched live. it was straight rocky 4 status with each of them doing major damage to each other. if i recall correctly, pacquiao was in control though and if he didn’t get KOed at the end of this round. he was in a good position to put down JMM in the next round of two. i could watch these two guys fight another time.

11. Menace_Supreme

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Marquez is a goat, put Pac-Man out cold. A hurt Marquez was a dangerous one.

12. cricket_the_leaper

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

It’s amazing how much difference the tiny bit of speed Manny lost from age or battle-weariness out whatever made in this fight. Manny spent his whole career lunging in for big shots and avoiding punishment because he connected or because he got the hell out of the way of the counter etc. Then boom, one shot he’d avoided a million times before and lights out. Boxing is crazy.

13. DarkUnderbelly

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

“He’s not getting up Jim! He’s not getting up!”

14. calilove918

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

As big pac fan, I hated how some idiots called that a lucky punch. That was just well timed and unfortunate for pac. I almost cried when I saw that because I thought I saw a man die live on tv.

15. killacam925

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Named my first real bong Marquez this very night when it nearly knocked me out!

16. cmd242

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Never seen two elite fighters go toe-to-toe like this. We may never see a rivalry like this again.

17. The_dong_of_Indongo

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Hands down the best punch ever thrown by a Mexican boxer

18. BigDaddySK

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Re-watching this now make sure me think of the Lemieux knockout of Curtis Stevens earlier this year. Just a brutal knockout from a punch that was only half extended. Obviously in this case it was a Marquez overhand right, whereas Lemieux landed a short left hook. Just kind of weird, or peculiar, or just interesting, that these two devastating knockouts came from ‘short’ punches.

19. Crusty_Dick

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

These two were made for each other. I wouldnt mind if they fought again a hundred times, would gladly give my money to watch..

20. The_Crow

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Making matters worse was how Manny fell into the punch. A different angle above clearly shows Manny tripping on Marquez’ lead foot a split second ahead of receiving that thunderbolt right hand. Take absolutely nothing away from Marquez. That was a knockout, fair and square. JMM struck at the perfect split second to pull that off. Almost pure technical instinct. Marquez was prepared for that moment for years and three previous fights.

21. anti-gif-bot

[mp4 link](https://i.giphy.com/sOyRpBalUFmxi.mp4)

This mp4 version is 91.54% smaller than the gif (1.12 MB vs 13.22 MB).

*Beep, I’m a bot.* [FAQ](https://np.reddit.com/r/anti_gif_bot/wiki/index) | [author](https://np.reddit.com/message/compose?to=MrWasdennnoch) | [source](https://github.com/wasdennnoch/reddit-anti-gif-bot) | v1.1.2

22. pAnDa_sHuRiKeN

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

This KO punch also affects his decision makings in the Philippine Senate.

23. nini1818

Mexican power , fuck yeah

24. marsupialHATCHBACK

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

I still remember the night that it happened…I was studying for finals and started yelling..
    And was promptly given dirty looks.

25. wdgant1979

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

I’ll never forget Mitt Romney’s face. He’s ringside at this day fight.

26. Alserna3

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Man… remember jumping out my seat thinking I just witnessed a murder.

27. Ayyylookatme

Look at that God damn 🐦 in the background

28. SinistarGrin

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

That ‘oh SHIT’ moment when Pac missed with the jab.

29. durian-king

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Anyone for a full speed video with sound?

30. thekingofskylark

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

I would happily buy the pay pew view to watch them fight again.. They only make great fights together.

31. Chichadios303

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Ricoa really got their money’s worth

32. Brolonious

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

If only I had seen this thread earlier…

33. shogun1904

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Watched this live on TV. I was speechless for a minute.

34. GokutheAnteater

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

At 6:44 is my favorite reaction. Dude went from pure laughter to ultimate sadness real quick

35. Heliyum2

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

It was a power outage. Took a few minutes to reboot but he’s alright (actually I have no idea if he is. I hope so but the brain is a tricky thing and CTE is real)

36. GorillaX

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Are we all just going to pretend Marquez wasn’t roided out of his mind?

37. lord-of-war-1

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

I think that was the end of the Pac everyone feared. It is divine justice JMM did that to him.

38. fdiazlopez

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

I was so happy when this happened because all these flips in the navy were giving me a lot of shit.

39. montrealmma

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

I love how confident JMM is in his ability to do it again that he offered Pacquiao a rematch.

Edit: What? Why the downvotes? hahaha

40. DogfaceDino

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Every time I see this I think of the book I read my kids before bed, “Llama, Llama Nighty Night.”

41. Motorboat_Jones

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

I remember feelings of sadness because I knew my man Marquez was dirty in that fight. But I reasoned it was ok because Pacqiao was dirty for so many fights previous to this one.

42. JuanKaramazov

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Lol I love watching this. Juanny got robbed at least twice before this. He put everything into that punch because he had to make it absolutely clear that he won or else everyone’s favorite would eek out another decision no matter what.

43. captaincanada84

December 9, 2017 at 12:38 pm

He sent Manny to his death