Google Employee’s Anti-Diversity Manifesto Goes ‘Internally Viral’ | Amazing Articles

Google Employee’s Anti-Diversity Manifesto Goes ‘Internally Viral’

Google Employee’s Anti-Diversity Manifesto Goes ‘Internally Viral’

https://motherboard.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/kzbm4a/employees-anti-diversity-manifesto-goes-internally-viral-at-googleView Source

Load More By

1. Misterc006

August 5, 2017 at 5:18 pm

Has anybody found the original document? I would prefer to father my own opinions on what the author said then from a news outlet.

2. MalcolmtSpruce

August 5, 2017 at 5:18 pm

Is there a reason why people can’t undergo interviews, have reviews and scores of said interviews, there resume and all other relevant data passed onto the fine decision maker. But age, name, gender and ethnicity are left out, so they only have the data to make a decision on?

3. jedi-son

August 5, 2017 at 5:18 pm

I haven’t read the doc but whenever I read a tweet that starts with, “Essentially it said (hugely offensive comment)” I pretty much immediately assume that person is full of shit

4. fhtagn

August 5, 2017 at 5:18 pm

Couldn’t find this being discussed anywhere.
    [Here’s a hackerne.ws](https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14934581) submission as well.

5. Bardfinn

August 5, 2017 at 5:18 pm

“The document’s author also wrote that employees with conservative political beliefs are discriminated against at Google and lamented about how “leftist” ideology is harmful.”

And there it is: the “I’m being discriminated against for being a Christian/Trump Supporter” dodge.

6. MacGyverMacGuffin

August 5, 2017 at 5:18 pm

What if there actually are biological differences between women and men, but frankly discussing it could get you fired, sued, publicly shamed, or brought up on charges?

7. jedi-son

August 5, 2017 at 5:18 pm

I haven’t found the doc but as a “white male” at a major tech company I can speak to my own frustrations with diversity hires.

Some of the people in this article phrase it as if people like myself are sitting around grumbling about some black or female programmer getting hired. This is not at all the case. I love working with a diverse group and I recognize that there is indeed a tradeoff to be made between hiring the “best” candidate and hiring someone that thinks differently than every other engineer in the room. That said, it’s really frustrating to work at a company that prides itself on the technical rigor or its interviews; putting candidates through round after round of math and programming brain teasers. Only to sit in a room and pass on several well qualified individuals and give an offer to someone that every interviewer felt was mediocre to encourage diversity. It’s just a tough pill to swallow and it’s frustrating when the media or political groups want to put it in the context of bigotry. It’s just an obvious straw man

8. BubuX

REEEEEEEEEEEE

9. gfuller23

August 5, 2017 at 5:18 pm

Things I have personally seen as a software engineer at a large company pushing gender diversity:

* Male software engineers who are better than most of their peers, male or female
    * Female software engineers who are better than most of their peers, male or female
    * Unqualified females being hired for positions over more qualified male applicants
    * Males expressing a low opinion of female output / capabilities in general, closet sexism from people in high and low places

The world is a wide place. At first it frustrated me to see affirmative-action type programs being the cause for qualified employees failing to get jobs, but given the closet sexism that some people still seem to hold (which they usually keep in confidence, so harder to get a concrete idea of breadth of scale) and the clear gender imbalance, it’s not something that really upsets me, as long as we’re still at least only hiring people that are actually fit for the job.

I think software engineers tend to be rule purists, so you can probably expect the whole “less qualified person being hired” concept to upset them on principle. They’ll get over it… hopefully

10. rhn94

August 5, 2017 at 5:18 pm

looks like the trump defense squad is here to “correct the record” ironically enough; everything they do oozes hypocrisy & delusion

11. knowthyself2000

August 5, 2017 at 5:18 pm

Please don’t ignite a sex war at Google. I like my image searches of fidget spinners and such

12. YingZhe_

August 5, 2017 at 5:18 pm

I mean I haven’t read it and all but the dude sounds like a typical crybaby snowflake tbh. His conservative views aren’t being forced on everyone constantly so he’s the real victim (#whitegenocide)? cry some more

13. kmar81

This is either

* a sensationalist article of the Daily Mail type – it never presents sources but makes wild and sensationalized claims

or

* an element of a PR campaign to further specific political position in the industry – it always starts with an extremist scapegoat which is used to further an opposite view.

—-

In the end it will not be anything reasonable because nothing reasonable needs to start with a trash article such as this one.

I call SJW bullshit since Silicon Valley is overflowing with it the same way Hollywood is. Virtue signalling on one hand screwing people over on the other.

14. Ikinoki

August 5, 2017 at 5:18 pm

And as usual leftist ideology is marked as harmful. It can only be harmful one way when rightists physically attack because their ideology is inferior. I fucking hate those bigots. Few thousand years we lived by the laws of the rightists – nationalism, wars, radicalism, bigotry, corruption, slavery all the shit we had was from unfounded superiority. Now we live few decades in leftist ideology and we live in peace yet all we get is those rightists crying *how unfair it is that it is fair now*. I understand some idiots push the left to the max leading to overflow and we get rightists who look as left but still carry the ideology of oppression.

Fuck this and people like that

15. FreeSpeechIsCancer

August 5, 2017 at 5:18 pm

ideological diversity = tolerate my racism, sexism and xenophobia.

I hope Google gets a class action lawsuit

16. ubix

August 5, 2017 at 5:18 pm

Seems like a sad attempt by some lonely Google nerd to get female attention.

17. atchijov

August 5, 2017 at 5:18 pm

Find the author and walk him out of the door. People like him are poisonous. It does not matter how good he is… there is no place for him in Google (or any company).

18. tearfueledkarma

August 5, 2017 at 5:18 pm

Looks like the fedora finally came off.