I Robin-ed My Girlfriend a While Back | Amazing Articles

I Robin-ed My Girlfriend a While Back

I Robin-ed My Girlfriend a While Back

1. Snicklefreetz

September 14, 2017 at 9:08 am

Back story: How I Met Your Mother is “our” show. When we first started dating, it was hard for us to find stuff that we both liked because of the usual differences in taste. French is also her first language, so sometimes she’d miss the nuances of a show’s humor. For some reason, HIMYM was able to break through the slight language barrier and we watched it all the damn time.

Our first date was a trip around all the monuments and some of the museums in Washington DC. I had mentioned how I thought that the monuments were cooler at night because the glow the lighting gives them and the lack of crowds, so we agreed to go back at night in the near future. Jump forward a relatively short period of time and I realize that I’m going to propose to this lady. Our love of HIMYM and the whole monument thing jumped out at me as the obvious route to take, but I was concerned that it was too soon to propose. I spent the better part of about two years finding every excuse to avoid our nighttime return trip to the monuments before my patience finally gave out.

So we finally go on the monument night walk and when we get to the Washington Monument (our favorite), I hand her this piece of paper. She starts reading it, but the weird font, poor lighting, and foreign language took most of her concentration. When she stopped reading/realized what was going on, I did the usual proposal thing in French. She said yes and we’ve been married for a few months now.

Shout out to /r/french for helping me ask her in French (without sounding too silly) and /u/GregorySStewart for helping out with the graphic part. It wouldn’t have been anywhere near as great without them.

2. looking4u42

September 14, 2017 at 9:08 am

Is it Slapsgiving? Because my face is red and my eyes are watering…

Bravo

3. akiraragnas

September 14, 2017 at 9:08 am

This is a much nicer implementation than Barney’s version. 😛

4. Rizface

September 14, 2017 at 9:08 am

I’m not crying, *you’re* crying!

This is beautiful, OP. 🙂

5. Wistful0ath

September 14, 2017 at 9:08 am

I request the highest of fives

6. justking14

September 14, 2017 at 9:08 am

So much has happened to Robin that that could literally mean anything

You dropped her in wolf infested woods

You taught a class about her to an Asian kid

You transformed the weather to keep her from sleeping with a news anchorman

You adbucted her boss to let her steal his job

7. BlacknightEM21

September 14, 2017 at 9:08 am

Did you manage to get someone to take your picture? I would love to see them if you did.

8. [deleted]

September 14, 2017 at 9:08 am

[deleted]

9. fudgesupremes_funk

September 14, 2017 at 9:08 am

That’s great but I can’t read all parts on the image. Can you post a clearer image?

10. Rosssauced

September 14, 2017 at 9:08 am

You married a woman who died and then told your kids it’s okay because you are gonna bang a woman they call “aunt” or did you marry a woman and divorce 2 or so years later undoing a huge amount of character development?