James Van Der Beek: ‘I’ve had my ass grabbed by older, powerful men’ | Amazing Articles

James Van Der Beek: ‘I’ve had my ass grabbed by older, powerful men’

James Van Der Beek: ‘I’ve had my ass grabbed by older, powerful men’

1. SevencastanzaIII

October 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm

Corey Feldman has been talking about these Hollywood pedos for years.

2. Feared77

October 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm

I’m optimistic about these recent statements being the start of Hollywood’s sex abuse bubble popping.

We can only hope at this point.

3. Joel_uses_Reddit

October 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm

If Terry Crews can be groped in public I would say that nobody is safe from attention in movie/tv. If I had a kid and they were making it big this would be my biggest worry.

4. Caliblair

October 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm

I was a child actor (I never made it big, just some bit parts and commercials) from about 4-15.

It used to drive me NUTS that my mom would stick so close to me on sets and auditions. Other kids used to get invited to ice cream parties by the director and my mom would never let me go. I used to blame her for why I never got bigger parts.

Only once I got older did I realize she probably saved me from being put in these situations. There’s no reason a grown adult should have asked parents if he could take their 15 year old daughters away from set and there’s no reason those parents should have let them go.

5. Sterling-4rcher

October 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm

i mean, i’m sure those teen shows run the most rampart with this kind of shit.
    like, they regularily harrassed the guy who played billy on power rangers for his homosexuality, i wouldn’t be surprised if the girls had to deal with lots of unwanted physical contact.

6. LemonOilUSA

October 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm

Now I’m sitting here eating my breakfast wondering how many of the actors and actresses that we love to watch have endured rape just so that they could work. Absolutely heartbreaking.

7. johnhump18

October 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm

Of course I’m not even surprised this stuff has been still happening, but I’m glad it’s being revealed.

You know, back in the day Hollywood, Alfred Hitchcock would tell actresses he’d make them big stars if they slept with him. And that was common place.

I’m in film school right now, and one of the older female teacher told me that and executive told her “the only way for a woman to get anywhere in this industry was on her back.” Or something to that effect. It’s so fucked.

Thank God this shit is coming out. Fuck these creeps.

8. Theocletian

October 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm

Hollywood is broken in so many ways.

9. theextremelyobvious

October 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm

I’m surprised Alanis Morrisette hasn’t weighed in – she wrote song about this crap years ago.

10. TheDudeNeverBowls

October 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm

As happy as I am to see the culture of sexual harassment in Hollyweird brought to light, the pedophilia needs to be addressed.

11. dwayne_rooney

October 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm

I wonder if all of this will cause Burt Reynolds to release his book sooner than his death.

12. SnuggleMonster15

October 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm

>The actor made the stunning disclosure early Thursday morning in a series of tweets about Harvey Weinstein’s sex scandal.

Stunning my ass. It’s been forever known how creepy and fucked up people in Hollywood are.

13. oldblockblades

October 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm

When are the 7th Heaven allegations going to come to light?

14. BlergFurdison

October 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm

Isn’t this why Cory Haim committed suicide? Harassment/molestation by older Holywood man/men? I remember hearing something to that effect.

15. TomXizor

October 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm

Honestly, with a portion of Hollywood covering up Scientology’s rampant abuse, the pedophile ring, and now we have good ol’-fashion harassment and sexual assault….

Nothing surprises me anymore. It’s all an illusion.

16. Hieillua

October 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm

If Terry Crews, a big and strong guy, can be molested by a powerful Hollywood dude I wonder how much this shit is happening.

There must be some terrible shit going on while this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Like Corey Feldman said and no one listened….. Just like what other kid actors said.

There something fucking dark going on in Hollywood and the hypocrites are protecting each other.

17. LonnyFinster

October 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm

Should never have let Robin Sparkles go after the foreskins concert.

18. feniksfiend

October 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm

Not American, so I’m mostly out of the loop here.

> “.. by older powerful men”

Why doesn’t he just say who it was? It would be a huge risk for the “men” to sue b/c if accusations are true other victims will probably surface causing much more embarrasment and hopefully prison.

What am I missing? Terry Crews also didn’t say who it was. Why not?

19. WarwickWalpole

October 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm

They do it in Hollywood, the Church, and Boy Scouts.

This why many groups had rules like they had about who can be a leader or member.

20. Foo3112

October 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm

I think everyone knows it’s a problem but unfortunately, there are a lot of pervs in high places who don’t like to get said no to and if you don’t comply even in the slightest form, they can have a heavy influence as to who hires you in the future. I wonder how many good actors we have missed out on because people stood up for themselves and said no.

21. cebjmb

22. ronnie773

October 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm

Yet still no one says names. If there is a perfect time to attack the “powerful men” is when they’re weak and right now they are. You had 1 wave of people coming out against one guy. Empower those that feel powerless by naming names. I keep hearing a lot of these people in Hollywood that have millions saying “yea me too” but still not willing to speak out for real.

23. Loukoal117

October 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm

James Van Der Beek on Don’t Trust the B in apartment 23 is a national treasure. Best part of that show is him and his assistant.

24. [deleted]

[removed]

25. ant_lec

October 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm

I honor his courage in speaking out.