Joseph Gordon-Levitt: Amazon’s Satire Cop Series ‘Comrade Detective’ Doesn’t Belong to the Right, or the Left | Amazing Articles

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/08/joseph-gordon-levitt-comrade-detective-controversy-exclusive-1201865653/View Source

Load More By

1. StoneGoldX

August 12, 2017 at 2:48 am

It doesn’t belong to anyone, because it’s on Amazon Prime.

2. chicagoyes

August 12, 2017 at 2:48 am

That was cool and I look forward to watching it. One thing kinda stood out to me, though.

> I played Edward Snowden in an Oliver Stone movie and donated my fee to the ACLU.

Is he under the impression that everyone that works in intelligence is on the right simply because they don’t appreciate people leaking secrets and running to China? Having worked in that environment, I know that’s not the case, so it’s sorta weird to see that thrown in there as if liking/hating Snowden is a left/right issue.

3. WallyBrandosDharma

August 12, 2017 at 2:48 am

It was interesting

4. particles0

August 12, 2017 at 2:48 am

I wish this had been either funnier or less reliant upon the gimmick. I mean, they do say Amazon made, what Channing describes as, “his worst idea”. But they played it all too straight and it ended up trying to be a real cop show from the 80s… in 1080p quality.

5. breeeathe

August 12, 2017 at 2:48 am

I wanted to like this but the voice dubbing was just too much for me. I’d have preferred subtitles even though them speaking ~~Ukranian~~Romanian and English to each other would have been weird.

6. modsarevirgins

August 12, 2017 at 2:48 am

it also looks like shit too.

7. danhakimi

August 12, 2017 at 2:48 am

The original pokemon game told a pretty perfectly designed non-linear story. I’m not sure why subsequent games had to drop it for the more linear style and more involved story, but I’ve really never cared about the story. The last one I paid any attention to was basically the one where the villain pointed out that we’re enslaving living creatures and forcing them to fight one another, and their answer to that was “yeah but I love them so… uhh…” and then you beat the bad guy and keep the whole pokemon slavery situation going.

If they want to bother with a story, the least they could do is bother with a story. If not, then don’t, it really wasn’t necessary.