Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke to be submitted as leads for Golden Globe nominations for the first time | Amazing Articles

- kit harington and emilia clarke to be submitted as leads for golden globe nominations for the first time - Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke to be submitted as leads for Golden Globe nominations for the first time

1. aYearOfPrompts

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

In this thread, people who think this news is about them being *nominated* for something instead of *submitted*, but it’s significant because in the past they have been nominated for supporting roles, not as leads. It’s a reflection where the show is now in the plotlines, not whether they “deserve” anything.

2. Sputnik3001

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

I’ve followed this show since around the fifth episode. I think both of them really grew into their roles and are perfectly serviceable actors. I still think the only award they should be nominated for is something like “MTV’s Best Kiss.”

3. cyclops274

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

What about Lena Headey clearly superior actress.

4. Daze_Confuse

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

I honestly count myself lucky that I don’t notice how bad of actors everybody claims Harrington and Clarke are. I don’t think either of them are bad (in GOT), and I actually think Clarke is good (the scene where she chains her dragons at the end of 4 and then her opening almost-no-dialogue scene in 7 stand out for me). I can admit that neither of them have absolutely wowed me like some of the better acting scenes (like Tyrion’s trial) but I don’t really think that either have gotten that kind of material over the series. I’m just glad that it doesn’t pull me out of the immersion like a lot of people claims it does.

5. Art_Vandelay_7

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

GOT is great, but they are pretty average actors.

6. merrysociopath

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

Well they *are* the leads. The two blandest leads possible, but still…

7. party_daz

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

Gunpowder made me realize how limited an actor Kit Harrington is. Damn his performance was bland.

8. Berephus

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

There should be a golden globe for best ass, because Kit Harrington would win for sure.

9. twinfolk

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

If they do get nominated, I will be disappointed. Because neither of them are very good actors in all honestly.

10. inmyelement

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

They are both terrible actors

11. tylerhockey12

they can but like no

12. hungergamesofthronez

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

They are the weakest out of the main actors

13. Sprickels

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

Why? They aren’t really good actors, bland and wooden.

14. FlandersFlannigan

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

Emilia Clark was the biggest over actor in the first 6 seasons. I’m happy to say that as of season 7, she officially lost her over actor status in my book. You may now breathe easily Emilia.

15. LittleRudiger

Neither deserve it, so.

16. jrazz80

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

If you kill off enough supporting characters you become the lead characters.

17. demoCREEPS

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

As someone who loves game of thrones, and is probably obsessed, I don’t think it should receive ANY awards. Maybe in visual effects – but the writing and acting has gone downhill since season 4 and it’s quite sad to see. D&D need a boot up their ass and not getting the awards they usually are outright given is a good start.

18. gkmedia

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

They’ve done great with their characters, but not award-winning. I don’t notice any poor acting per se, but I do find the characters don’t have much personality to them. Nothing eccentric or nuanced – but a little bland, and only develop through the plot. At the same time, I’ve become way more invested in these characters than I have far better acted ones in other series. I will attribute that to the story, massive amount of build-up, and incredibly tense battle scenes though

19. OscarBaer

they won’t win

20. KingJonStarkgeryan1

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

But this was their absoutle worse season of acting since the very first season. Both of them were extremely bland and could not convey what D&D wanted. Granted D&D wrote a stupid script.

21. idunno--

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

You gotta be kidding me…

22. Apacupotomus

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

They deserve a golden globe, just not for this season.

23. benalexnewman

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

Judging by these comments it is cool to hate on Thrones now

24. Aureliusmind

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

Really? I’m as big of a GoT fan as the next person, but it’s not like their acting is incredible or anything. And I don’t blame the actors – the script and dialogue don’t give them much to work with. Kit is always just serious and brooding and saying Starky things. Emilia has had some incredible acting moments over the years but it’s not like the most recent season challenged or stretched her acting ability in any way.

25. LeopoldStotch1

Wat.

No, if anyone it should’ve been Charles Dance.

26. Herr__Lipp

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

Pretty good chance of winning, what with 8/17 of Hollywood under twiddling investigation

27. Pikesmakker

Not for acting surely

28. ButterSkates

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

And if the Golden Globes is during production of GoT, they’ll be able to travel from anywhere in the world and arrive in about 20 minutes!

29. AfricanRain

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

I think they’re both good actors and fantastic in their roles, sue me.

30. FlandersFlannigan

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

Kits pretty solid, but he plays a Ryan gosling type, which doesn’t provide opportunity for range. I don’t think either of them deserve a globe.

31. joniron77

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

I know they’re both long gone, but Stephen Dilane and Charles Dance were probably the best actors on the whole show, they always felt believable to me whereas so many others have not.

32. Mrs_Baskets

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

And that’s how you know award shows are bullshit. Not that we needed a reminder.

33. churly92

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

I can tell you that Kit’s performance in Silent Hill Revelation has been a factor in me not getting into the GoT train. He won’t win.

34. SteveBorden

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

What is it with everyone? I think Kit Harrington gives one of the best performances on the show.

35. BananaWilly

November 24, 2017 at 5:07 am

I can never get over the fact that those “furs” worn on the show are Ikea fake fur rugs the costumer made to look like pelts.