Only vegans can love animals (x-post from r/vegan) | Amazing Articles

Only vegans can love animals (x-post from r/vegan)

- only vegans can love animals x post from rvegan 1000x600 - Only vegans can love animals (x-post from r/vegan)

Only vegans can love animals (x-post from r/vegan)

1. 2tb-of-yiff

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

What if I only love certain kinds of animals and not others

2. AnoK760

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

being a cannibal is kind of being the *ultimate* people-person if you want to look at it that way.

3. zhuguli_icewater

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

Not all cannibals are Ravenous style recluses living in a cave in the woods only coming out when they run out of long pig. A lot of psychopaths are quite capable of getting along with people.

4. stumpy1991

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

I’d eat any one of you if I could get away with it

5. leanmeancoffeebean

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

Unless the author isn’t a native English speaker they are awful at writing things

6. roboticjanus

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

Might as well hop on in on the ~~downvoted side~~ vegetarian side (no longer downvoted apparently) for this one: they’re correct, and it’s silly to claim to love all animals in general, yet place arbitrary restrictions on which ones we do and don’t eat.

Further, most folks who eat meat (me included) do so in the context of factory farming, which is an inherently abusive, unclean, and destructive industry.

Supporting these things is, at a basic level, against treating animals with respect and love. It’s hard to categorize yourself as both an animal lover and an animal eater in our current society.

7. FrankReynolds

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

Or it’s like an omnivore being an omnivore.

8. Ghengis-Khunt

Sorry but it’s true.

9. Glazed_BEagle

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

No, you love *pets*, you’re a *pet* lover, you wouldn’t eat any kind of pet animal. You aren’t an *animal* lover.

This isn’t gatekeeping, this is pointing out ludicrous hypocrisy, and deliberately poking fun at the same folks who love to make bad vegan jokes, but can’t handle it in the other direction. This post being a great example.

(Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of hilarious vegan jokes, but none of them are on Reddit)

10. NapClub

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

vegans love comparing meat eaters to cannibals.

and any time you call them on their bullshit they are right there to defend it.

self awareness level zero.

11. Marshbouy

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

This kind of “you’re a horrific person if you eat meat” isn’t making me want to be vegan. It’s making me want to devour a haunch of meat in front of one.

12. Charrison1811

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

Pretty sure my dog eats chicken and beef just like me. He dabbles in fish as well.

13. Darkuodai90

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

I’m a vegetarian, but whenever I see vegans/vegetarians acting like this I get really pissed off. It gives us all a bad reputation. What other people eat doesn’t affect you, it isn’t a big deal.

14. mischiffmaker

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

It’s the circle of life. Everything eats something to stay alive; everything gets eaten eventually once they die. It could be by a human or by bacteria and maggots. Either way, it’s how nature recycles.

15. _GameSHARK

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

Many cultures venerate and respect the animals they consume, especially those with ties to a nomadic or hunter-gatherer lifestyle.

16. BowserKoopa

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

what an awful choice of color and design for your eating establishment:

* Mauve/Taupe/Beige bleck wall colour

* ugly faux-pebble tile or vinyl floor

* museum-cafeteria style chairs

17. SilverSilurus

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

Only people who don’t eat their grandmothers can love their grandmothers. Feh, can you believe these non-grandma eaters?

18. pheatherphox

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

What about the animals who eat meat? What does that make them though

19. josebolt

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

If you are a vegan and believe eating meat is wrong fine whatever. Animals in this case are not humans so comparing it with cannibalism doesn’t really work. Plus lets be honest this shit is pretty obtuse. Animal lover typically means cats and dogs. You know they kind that fill up shelters and need to be adopted.

20. SalvioMassCalzoney

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

This is why people hate vegans. Self righteous assholes.

21. Insanehouswife

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

I mean, how can you love animals if you support their murder, and eat them for every single meal?

22. Irish-Stallion

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

I’ll stick to eating my fat steak rare and giving the leftovers to my pup

23. _bananakin

24. onoku

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

This is a great Halloween post. It’s like playing Bloody Mary, but instead you say vegan three times and they come out of the woodworks.

25. veg-uh-tub-boolz

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

This doesn’t really fit here. They’re kinda right. Like it’s not gatekeeping to say a wife beater can’t be a feminist or that a blind person can’t play in the NBA

26. onoku

I love animals.

In my belly.

27. QueenoftheDirtPlanet

reminds me of the town from fallout 3

they really were the nicest people and when i found their stash they even gave me the option to be cool instead of just outright murdering me

28. Forget_Shmebulock

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

Literally, people person. It fits.

29. cisxuzuul

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

All that salt couldn’t be good for their diet

30. Watcheditburn

September 22, 2017 at 5:24 am

So, if a vegan “owns” pets, is that pet slavery?