PepsiCo reserves 100 Tesla Semis, likely at ,000 a pop | Amazing Articles

PepsiCo reserves 100 Tesla Semis, likely at $20,000 a pop

- pepsico reserves 100 tesla semis likely at 20000 a pop - PepsiCo reserves 100 Tesla Semis, likely at $20,000 a pop

PepsiCo reserves 100 Tesla Semis, likely at $20,000 a pop

1. r3dl3g

Alternative title;

>PepsiCo extends a $2,000,000 interest free loan to Tesla.

2. groeit

December 13, 2017 at 3:29 pm

They need to fix the title. It suggests they cost 20k each.

3. bhodge0325

December 13, 2017 at 3:29 pm

I work for Frito Lay (PepsiCo). They bought electric large box delivery trucks over 5 years ago. We had 6 at our facility. I heard they paid over 150K for each and had them all over the country. Hopefully better luck with Tesla because the 6 we have are all out of commission and can’t be fixed. Highest mile truck is 40K miles. I had one as my route truck for 3 years and broke down 17 times. Also virtually no heat since there is no engine.

4. cloud9crafting

December 13, 2017 at 3:29 pm

A electric semi is really big news, especially for corporations which base a lot on their public image. Pepsi for example advertises heavily on its reduce/reuse/recycle philosophy and it’s impact on the environment. It would be hypocritical of them not to jump on the band wagon. They had to basically. However in a fleet of 1000s of trucks, this is a small order and a small price. I wouldn’t be surprised if this came out of their advertising budget.

5. AngryFace4

December 13, 2017 at 3:29 pm

I assume the reserve is 20k because I’m guessing these trucks will be a quarter mil at least.

6. StK84

December 13, 2017 at 3:29 pm

Will every single order/reservation of the Tesla semi be in the news?

7. [deleted]

[removed]

8. minin71

December 13, 2017 at 3:29 pm

I’m pretty sure the reservation costs 20k per truck. The actual trucks cost more. Fix the title, worded poorly. The trucks cost 150k for the lower mileage range, and 180k for the higher one. 300 and 500 miles respectively.

9. Edscratch23469

December 13, 2017 at 3:29 pm

Your life must be soda pressing to make puns like that in the title.

10. TS_SI_TK_NOFORN

December 13, 2017 at 3:29 pm

I really hope these work out and catch on. I grew up in a small town that was littered with warehouses and the Department of Transportation estimated over 20,000 trucks a day used the 2-lane highway that went through my town, and about 3,000 of those trucks are sitting there idling at truck stops and the warehouse waiting for their loads.

The fine particulate air pollution from all the trucks in my town got so bad that the American Lung Associated ranked it 14th of the 25 most polluted counties in America and the EPA began long-term monitoring. Every time they would propose and build a new warehouse, the number of people protesting it would increase, because the number of people diagnosed with respiratory disorders was beginning to skyrocket.

I’m one of the lucky residents who developed asthma because of the air pollution for trucks. And this past year, I ended up in the ER or Urgent Care at least 4 times because I didn’t have insurance to get my prescriptions, one of which would have cost me over $500 a month. So I’m really glad Tesla is making these, and I really hope they are successful and continue to trend.

People don’t realize how much pollution affects healthcare costs.

11. TheGiantKnight

December 13, 2017 at 3:29 pm

For all the Semi guys, Truck guys, people that know stuff about this industry. What do you think about electric engines coming into the market? Also, Cummins is making an electric engine for Semi’s coming out soon. Any thoughts about which company would be better suited to “own the market” persay? (While tesla knows electric engines, they don’t know Semi’s. While Cummins knows Semi’s they don’t know electric engines. Etc….)

12. openyoureyes89

So 2 million dollar initial investment

+ Licensing/title/tax

+ Maintenance

– 100 driver employee wages

– 100 driver employee benefits

Over all I’m seeing this as a pretty small investment from PepsiCo, I think it’s fair to call this a test run.

13. aaronrisley

December 13, 2017 at 3:29 pm

I’ll take 5@ 20k each and create a good business for myself…

14. northern_tide

ITT, redditors thinking the $20k is the price of the semi

15. PeacefulDays

December 13, 2017 at 3:29 pm

I’m glad Tesla now has enough orders to last a decade.

16. [deleted]

[removed]

17. Jrippan

December 13, 2017 at 3:29 pm

How do people comment and don’t read like… 3 rows into the article? Holy shit people are stupid. The reservation price is ~$20,000 not the fucking truck.

18. YddishMcSquidish

December 13, 2017 at 3:29 pm

Misleading title, they only get to reserve them for $20k.

19. sauerpatchkid

December 13, 2017 at 3:29 pm

I can’t wait to see all the flat and burst sodas from shifting loads of a semi going from 0-60 in seconds.

20. TotalJuryMove

December 13, 2017 at 3:29 pm

Aren’t semi’s (lorries) more expensive than that? If their cars are $35,000, how can they manage a big rig at $20,000?

21. iamteroras

December 13, 2017 at 3:29 pm

Are these things more efficient than gas? Wouldn’t they have a ton of downtime while they recharge ? Or is this a PR move?

22. roj2323

December 13, 2017 at 3:29 pm

>[Let me know when someone orders 100 or more. Until then, this is not news.](https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/7g6786/dhl_orders_10_tesla_semi_trucks/dqhbszm/?context=3)

Ok, This is news!!

The reason I said the above in a previous thread is 100 trucks shows the company is serious. 10 trucks on the other hand is just an experiment.

23. trumpussy

December 13, 2017 at 3:29 pm

>Tesla announced its expected prices for its semis—$150,000 for 300 miles’ range and $180,000 for 500 miles’ range

Misleading title. 20k is the deposit, not the price.

24. soccerfan3465

December 13, 2017 at 3:29 pm

Reservation fee of $20,000 a semi .price for each semi 150-180k ‘s. …..k’s …..not l’s or any other so
    Alphabet letter for that matter!!!