Study: Being sociable makes you tired — even if you’re extroverted | Amazing Articles

Study: Being sociable makes you tired — even if you’re extroverted

- study being sociable makes you tired even if youre extroverted - Study: Being sociable makes you tired — even if you’re extroverted

Study: Being sociable makes you tired — even if you’re extroverted

1. samofny

November 10, 2017 at 3:27 pm

Because people are tiring. Have you tried talking to one?

2. Zoler

November 10, 2017 at 3:27 pm

Are there any psychologists who really believe in the definition of extroversion as someone who gains energy from being with people? Not to sound pretentious but that was something I believed in back when I was a subscriber to MBTI belief.

Personally I realized this was the case as I through conscious training transformed myself from an “introvert” into being way more sociable just by working on my social difficulties. Nowadays I don’t think introverted / extroverted means anything other than social skills in combination with anxiety management.

3. latenightfiction

November 10, 2017 at 3:27 pm

I’m an introvert (mostly), but what I’ve found is that talking to people I connect to and really enjoy talking to gives me energy (until a certain point, I still do get tired eventually), but talking to people I don’t have much of a connection with is exhausting, and tires me almost immediately.

4. Lewis63

November 10, 2017 at 3:27 pm

Well I don’t think anyone is 100% extroverted (or 100% introverted) so it kind of makes sense.

5. KayneC

November 10, 2017 at 3:27 pm

I think we need to redefine extroverts and introverts since the age of social media has really blurred their definition .

6. Decoraan

November 10, 2017 at 3:27 pm

Even if you’re extroverted???

Edit: I didnt understand the point of that part. I initially thought it was mistake and meant ‘even if you’re introverted’. Turns out the results found that there was no difference in fatigue between introverts and extroverts. So I think the point in that subtitle, was to show that (despite being ‘used to it’) extroverts are still more exhausted.