Upside down dirty old oven dish…..as a pizza plate. | Amazing Articles

Upside down dirty old oven dish…..as a pizza plate.

- upside down dirty old oven dish as a pizza plate - Upside down dirty old oven dish…..as a pizza plate.

Upside down dirty old oven dish…..as a pizza plate.

1. Neksyus

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

Disclaimer: I do not support bringing the food to the table on this.

That being said. All these people cringing at the thought of their food touching a pan like that at some point have clearly never seen the inside of a restaurant kitchen.

2. Saltire_Blue

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

Even if you take away the dirty, the noise it must make cutting into your pizza with a knife against the metal

3. Time4NewAccount

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

If there only was some type of object with edges going up instead of bent down to be able to contain the food rather than letting it fall off. Oh well, maybe in the future we will invent such an object.

4. LauraVi

just no.

5. LyreBirb

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

Yeah ok. the dish is gross. But not half as bad as what looks like a tortilla with a pathetic excuse for a saladlazily dropped in it.

“Pizza” my giant toned black ass.

6. SifuDaddy

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

Looks like someone had no problem eating what was on said dirty dish.

7. trenchknife

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

No one is asking wtf the *thing* on the actual plate is, in the background. Looks like burnt liver with parsley on a bed of paper napkins or boiled Steak-Ums?..

8. Xadnem

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

This is one of the worst I have seen on this sub, would definitely not eat from that.

9. Mya__

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

I can just imagine the hints of tinny metal, rust, and years of burnt oily residue mixed with the fresh mozerella cheese. Like eating expired pizza out of a can found from a dumpster behind the classiest of restaurant.

10. RandomWeirdo

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

a lot of this sub is just some restaurant being overly fancy and ignoring practicality. This however looks disgusting, i do not care if it is clean, i would not be okay with being served food on the backside of cooking equipment.

11. Denise12686

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

It’s not necessarily gross…….but like why?

12. TotallyKafkaesque

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

I would definitely make a scene. A refund is not even enough, I want a personal apology from the chef and the manager.

I say this as someone who has never ever felt the need to make a scene. They could serve me the guts of my first born child and I would be less disgusted.

13. larrydocsportello

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

Okay. This is a fucking stupid idea and the person could have literally thrown this on a paper plate to make it look better but I need to address some things. I worked as a prep cook, dish washer, waiter, line cook, sous chef and FH manager for about a decade before switching industries.

1) That pan may be aesthetically unappealing, it is not particularly “dirty”. It’s a pan that goes in a 400 degree oven with oil and grease. Sometimes stains happen. No, I still wouldn’t serve this.

2) This is not some stupid hipster shit, this is just stupid. It’s ridiculous how much shit here gets labeled as hipster. Turn on an cooking channel from the past 10 years and what’s a major component? Plating and aesthetics. If your dish looks like shit, people won’t want to eat it, that’s simple. It’s not specific to hipsters. Furthermore, American (New), the type of cooking that has taken over the Food Network, was fueled mostly in part by rich hipster kids. Go into any of the restaurants and I guarantee the waiting staff will have a sleeve, a man bun and talk about local ingredients. I personally don’t complain because if it’s good, who gives a shit?

3) that is not rust and I actually think may be one of the most telling signs that this sub is predominantly sheltered suburban kids. Pans and cookware get dirty because it’s food, oil/fat and heat. The second I saw a comment that said rust with 100+ up votes, I audibly burst out loud laughing.

4) if this truly grosses you out, please spare everyone the hassle and just eat at home. Restaurants are a very busy industry and no, we don’t have time to scrub every centimeter of a pan that likely gets its germs killed via the cooking process or we’d have to pay dishwashers 50/hour just to put in the time/work that’s required. All pans, cookware and plates are usually washed in extremely hot water/soap mixture, transferred to a cool water mixture for rinse and then sanitized in warm water. Whether this is by hand or machine is up to the owner and how much water they want to save. Your food follows very strict guidelines and will most likely not be served on something unsanitary. If it was, believe me, you’d fucking know.

14. HermanManly

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

That’s not a pizza, that’s a crime against humanity

15. killfluffy

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

Did you eat off that dirty thing?

16. _TheKingJulian_

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

I love this sub. It represents everything that’s wrong with the world.

17. fishdaish

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

This looks like it’s from a movie.

18. methethxpropbut

Is that rust O_O

Holy hell I think I just lost my appetite…

19. katie_g_123

Shut. Up.

This is how you serve pizza when you take it out the oven with your bare hands and a pan is the closest thing to put it on, oh yeah and you’re in your own home with no one watching.

20. jprich

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

This is some hipster shit.

21. Chesirecattywhompas

Yuck.

22. blacksabbath1970

What the actual fuck

23. swarford

Atrocious

24. Hoosteen_juju003

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

That looks like a piece of toast, not a fucking pizza.

25. mexicanjesuschrist

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

At first I thought that there was a glass in the middle of the pizza, and i got even more mad.

26. abnormalsyndrome

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

Come on now, y’all just trolling. Admit it.

27. [deleted]

[deleted]

28. theEluminator

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

Usually I downvote things here if it still seems comfortable to use, but this is just gross

29. Farpafraf

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

This is gonna become one of the top posts. Truly obscene.

30. lol_camis

What the actual fuck….

31. CitizenPremier

This looks like a screenshot from a Terry Gilliam movie

32. Profeshed

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

This looks like some old shit picked up at good will. It’s weird and doesn’t even look good. What’s worse is that this “plate” bs is awkwardly tall. Nobody should need to cramp their wrists to enjoy pizza

33. iheartcookin

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

Funny I use an upside down pan like this under my broiler cause I don’t have the built in broke pan that lets you adjust proximity to the flame… that thing is ugly with burned on grease and I’d never want someone to actually see it!

34. H_Lon_Rubbard

Come on.

I’m starting to get the feeling these are staged for karma.

35. throwaway23453453454

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

Is there /r/wedon’twantplates …hmmm doesn’t seem so. I like those ideas. Guess i will get downvoted.

36. AntithesisRex

September 11, 2017 at 2:07 am

Serve me a pizza on a gross, rusty pan? Gross. Cook me a pizza in an aged, industrial parts tray? Mmmmmmmm