Watch (Japans Melee TO) Discusses Japan’s Struggles | Amazing Articles

Watch (Japans Melee TO) Discusses Japan’s Struggles

- watch japans melee to discusses japans struggles - Watch (Japans Melee TO) Discusses Japan’s Struggles

Watch (Japans Melee TO) Discusses Japan’s Struggles

1. vivekisking

September 6, 2017 at 11:00 pm

The Japanese scene is pretty lit from what I’ve seen. I enjoy staying up late and watching the Master Hand streams. I hope that the scene can become bigger and more profitable for the players.

Also ROM: Japan sounds hype af

2. ultraviolet213

September 6, 2017 at 11:00 pm

I find it so odd that 64 and Smash 4 are as big as they are in Japan but melee isn’t. Also evo japan not having melee is honestly demoralizing. If they had melee in the lineup and there was a concerted effort by top players to attend and try and grow the scene I think big things could happen. But it’s moot because there is no melee, and the gaming laws are still the biggest obstacle. Unfortunate, hope the Japanese melee community finds success and growth in the future

3. kitsunesama21

September 6, 2017 at 11:00 pm

Though I helped a little with editing and translating, what is written here is all Watch’s opinion.

4. dzorrilla

September 6, 2017 at 11:00 pm

Interesting how every region outside of the US deals with its own unique set of challenges. Living in South America, we have quite a few different ones ourselves. I hope to see the more Japanese melee players in NA tournaments, they have some sick players.

5. swidner9587

September 6, 2017 at 11:00 pm

great article! i hope japans smash scene continues to stay a float!

6. CrystalCrisisKW

September 6, 2017 at 11:00 pm

QQ: How did other esports in Japan begin to thrive under the same conditions?

7. OrganicSoda

September 6, 2017 at 11:00 pm

Man… fuck japan and there dumb laws. All i can say is i wish you guys the best. It’s unfortunate that it is the way it is :/

8. standardegenerate

September 6, 2017 at 11:00 pm

I knew the amount of players were low but holy fuck 500 is pretty damn small, and then out of that theres 200 active ones

9. sankakukankei

>Gambling laws

Why isn’t it possible to skirt the rules with non-cash prizes that can be exchanged for cash at a *totally unrelated location*, like pachinko parlors do?

I’m sure the idea has come up before, so what am I missing?

10. krispness

September 6, 2017 at 11:00 pm

I like how you laid out your problems and solutions. We all want to help but there’s nothing we can really do, but if you do find people willing to take on certain projects we can get behind them.

11. telltelltell

September 6, 2017 at 11:00 pm

> With the birth of Japan’s first salary-based professional gamer team (DetonatioN, Focus Me) and the opening of a vocational school, Momochi and Chocoblanka’s Shinobism, for nurturing professional gamers, the amount of positive developments for Japanese esports has increased.

I for one welcome this development.

12. Smashbros34

September 6, 2017 at 11:00 pm

I remember reading a while ago about Japan planning to relax gamblimg laws, anyone know if this happening and if it would allow tournamemt prize pools?